April 26, 2009

Chick Pea Salad

April is almost over and I realise I haven't done a single post here. In fact it's more than a month since my last post. I can't claim I didn't have the time because I was actively blogging at my beta world and the food blog got sidelined. :(

Let me set the pace back with this Chick Pea Salad. I usually make this at home when there are a lot of guests, so that while they munch on, I get the other things ready. For the salad, you need one cup of soaked kabuli chana (chick peas) cooked with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt and drained. The rest of the ingredients are as follows.
  • Onion - 1 large, finely chopped
  • Tomato - 1 medium, finely chopped
  • Coriander leaves - 2tbsp chopped
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • Olive oil - 1 tbsp
  • Chat masala - 1 tsp
  • Salt as required
Mix all the ingredients with the chana thoroughly and refrigerate for 20 - 30 minutes. For the best result, soak the chana overnight and pressure cook for 30 - 40 minutes. You may make the recipe more interesting with some chopped cucumber, capsicum etc.

3 comments:

Subash S L said...

Lovely pic and looking delicious too.

TNL said...

I love this salad....this makes such a nice side dish too!

:)

Minu said...

Thanks Cardamom. Your 'The spice who loved me' is a nice food blog. Nice pictures too. Will surely try out something interesting from it soon :)